Wednesday 28 December 2016

Local River 8-7-16




So this time I would focus on fishing the quivertip rod for a change. Not my usual tactics, but if it weedled me out a few bonus fish then this would be great.

It was a short session of mixed success. On the plus side I picked up some nice roach on the disabled swim. I’ve been told many times that there are good fish there, but whenever I trot the flow I pick up nothing. But drop a maggot feeder into the flow and it was a completely different story (or a least while it lasted). I may have to have a rethink about this peg – not to mention a visit with the pole gear in the early season.

And I also I picked up this little chap:



Not the biggest barbel in the world, but hey it’s a barbel. Wo-hooo

So I tried a few pegs, picked up a few fish (nothing else substantial though) and went home.

Hmm….

Total catch: about 25 fish (typical river fish) for 5lb odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment