Wednesday 28 December 2016

Local River 17-6-16



I had planned to go out in the 16th (the joys of working for yourself) but a customer decided to schedule a meeting first thing, so I had to defer my trip to the 17th (again, the joys of working for yourself). Ho hum, at least I got a few hours in.

This was a chance to try out my new centrepin (courtesy of my previous employer) so a few hours trotting was to be.

Overall it was ok, the river was a little low and there were limited pegs where you could trot properly, but a few dozen small fish and one slightly better chub graced the net. Next time I would go all out for some bigger fish, and for once target the barbel. (Yeah like that’s going to happen).

First decent chub on the centrepin


Total catch: about 40 fish (mixed bag) for 5lb odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment