Wednesday 28 August 2013

River Colne 11-8-13

All-in-all a rather mixed session. 

I'd headed down to the weir with mixed intentions - 30 mins on the feeder (big halibut pellet) and 30 mins trotting. Then, I'd see how things went.

First 30 mins on the tip - nothing. 

Waiting for that bug barbel bite


30 mins trotting - plenty of nice roach with dace etc mixed in. 

Nice trotting conditions


Second 30 mins on the tip - a few rattles and wham. A very good fish. Straight into the snags and my 10lb mainline was shredded. Boo.

More trotting - more small fish, and down to the next trotting swim. Unlike my June visit the water level had dropped and I could wade out in my wellies to the gravel bar and trot through nicely. 

Bit of a disaster as my welly sprang a leak


More roach, one decent chub (10oz) one small barbel (4 oz) and three nice brown trout (4oz to 8oz). A very nice surprise, I'd caught one before (in many visits) but three in a session is nice. All were put back to fight another day. 

Catch List:

Barbel 1
Brown Trout 3

Roach 25

Chub 4

Dace 8

Perch 3

Minnow 5

Bleak 3
Gudgeon 2



Total weight 10lb



No comments:

Post a Comment