Sunday 2 September 2012

Three Islands Lake, Stewkley, 29-8-12

Craving a few fish on the pole, I decided to head back to Three Islands for some easy fishing, since afterall it has been my best weight so far this year.

And, it didn't quite work out. For whatever reason the fish did not play ball, an 8lb common on the second put-in made it seem like it was going to be a good session, but that was the highlight of the day. Small carp (12 ounce to a pound) were the occasional visitors to the bank, but nothing significant and in no great numbers.

I won't dwell on the detail – it won't help you.

I did catch several gudgeon on an 11mm expander and size 8 hook – fair and square in the mouth – which is a new one on me, but that was about it. Enough said – give up, go home and lick my wounds. Not a happy chappie.

Catch List:
Common Carp: 25
Mirror Carp: 1
F1 Carp: 6
Rudd: 3
Gudgeon: 10

Total Weight: 35lb

1 comment:

  1. Shame about the owner really, very rude and ignorant also charged me £10 for my wife to sit next to me while I fished stating it was a fishing lake not a theme park !!! I heard he's selling up so should be a very nice lake when he's gone and certainly won't be missed !

    ReplyDelete